The Amazon Sustainability Accelerator is a 3-month, equity-free programme that supports early-stage start-ups that are building consumer products or recycling technologies that have a positive impact on the environment! To maximise start-up learning, there will be separate tracks tailored for the two cohorts.
Amazon is collaborating with EIT Climate-KIC, Europe’s leading climate innovation hub as well as WRAP, NGO recycling leaders. Together, they have designed the programme to ensure start-ups receive relevant support at the intersection of holistic business growth and impact.
What does the Amazon Sustainability Accelerator Involve?
- Monetary Grants
- £10K cash grant
- €/£500 Sponsored Amazon Advertising Credits
- USD$25K AWS Activate Credits
The accelerator brings together experts with a focus on start-up growth, climate innovation & sustainability, e-commerce and recycling. There will be workshops, boot camps and expert speakers, covering a range of topics ranging from fundamentals for early-stage startups to e-commerce and recycling-specific sessions.
What additional benefits are available?
- Office space for 3 months in the Amazon HQ in Shoreditch, London or in Berlin.
- Understand the climate impact potential of your product/tech, develop strategies on how to optimise it and receive external validation.
- Peer learning and exchange with a community of like-minded founders driven by sustainability.
- Weeks 1, 6 and 12 must be attended in person. The rest of the accelerator will be hybrid: Start-ups can join online or in person. This will be subject to applicable Covid-19 restrictions.
Amazon Launchpad 1 Year Free Access
Dedicated support and free access to Amazon Launchpad for one year to benefit from Amazon’s customer reach. Amazon Launchpad is a one-stop shop for unique and unexpected finds from outstanding start-ups.
Key application criteria
- Stage: Early-stage start-ups.
- Location: EEA, Switzerland or UK based.
- Physical Product: Startups working on physical consumer products that are better for the environment. Companies should be beyond the prototyping stage, having (some) production capacity.
- Recycling Technology: Startups tackling recycling industry challenges creating a more circular economy. Examples of solutions we would like to see advanced sortation tools, waste management data systems, and innovative recycling capabilities. Companies should be beyond the prototyping phase.
Read more about the program here.