A reliable global partner
Hohenstein supports companies along the value chain in successfully bringing products to market – from sharing new findings from research to independent testing and certification, to claim support and marketing at the point of sale.
Global laboratory network of excellence
With its state-of-the-art testing laboratories in Germany (headquarters), Gurugram (India), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Hong Kong and Hungary Hohenstein makes textile testing capabilities available in key markets both for producers and buyers. Local support and German expertise ensure that companies along the textile chain benefit from all services. Hohenstein guarantees the same high quality and testing standards worldwide.
A broad scope of testing
From individual testing to complete process handling, the scope and depth of testing are adapted to the wishes and needs of the customer. The Hohenstein experts ensure legal compliance and the latest product conformity, for local markets, and also internationally. It is also possible to create individual test plans when requirements go beyond what is required by law or standards as well as requirements set by initiatives and campaigns.
Label your quality
Product labels such as the Hohenstein Quality Label or the UV Standard 801 support manufacturers and retailers when marketing textiles have been tested for specific properties.
As a founding member of the OEKO-TEX® Association, Hohenstein offers all certifications of the modular OEKO-TEX® system.
Textile technology testing
• Quality testing (colour fastness, fibre fineness)
• Performance testing (such as water resistance, waterproofness, breathability/permeability to air, pilling)
Testing for chemicals and harmful substances
• Validation of legal conformity and product requirements that go beyond statutory needs (such as testing for harmful substances according to REACH, CPSIA and individual RSLs)
• Wastewater and sludge testing according to individual requirements (ZDHC, OEKO-TEX®, Greenpeace)
• OEKO-TEX® certification
• Worldwide monitoring of production in all production phases by qualified and local inspectors
• Assessment of functional properties, including comfort, odour management and compression
• Pattern development and fitting with consultancy services, digital fitting and digital material parameters and individual project collaboration
• Testing and certification of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Workwear, corporate fashion and uniforms
• Testing and certification of topics associated with hygiene and textile UV protection
• Through digital and face-to-face training of the Hohenstein Academy
+49 7143 271 898