Archroma, a global leader in specialty chemicals towards sustainable solutions, announces the launch of its new Colour Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library, with 1’440 colours for sportswear, athleisure, swimwear, children’s clothing, shoes, fashion and home textiles.
- A library of 1’440 off-the-shelf colour standards, adding to the already available 4’320 colours of the ‘Colour Atlas’ for cotton
- Online and physical library of colours allowing increased speed-to market for sportswear and fashion designers, brands, retailers and manufacturers.
In 2016, Archroma launched the Colour Atlas by Archroma®, a unique tool dedicated to providing fashion designers and stylists with off-the-shelf colour inspiration for cotton that can be implemented in production with just a few clicks.
This original Colour Atlas Cotton Library today contains 4’320 colours, almost double compared to similar tools available to textile and fashion specialists, with options for purer ingredients and lighter resource usage for brands exploring more sustainable collections.
‘Engineered colour Standards’ readily available for every colour ensure the entire supply chain is aiming for the same colour and are supported via worldwide technical dyeing support. The result is seamless colour management from the colour selection to its implementation in production.
INTRODUCING THE Colour Atlas BY ARCHROMA® POLYESTER LIBRAR
Building on this success, Archroma is now introducing a Colour Atlas library with 1’440 colours carefully selected in collaboration with fashion, sportswear and trend experts.
The new Colour Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library brings together colours in line with current trends, from the most neutral tones to the most vivid hues to fluorescent colours.
Composed of two volumes, the Colour Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library allows professionals to quickly compose the palettes they need:
- colourful book covers indicate the shades that lie within each book, making it easy to select your palettes
- Each volume‘s accordion-fold book design yields quick, intuitive browsing of all colours allowing for fast creation of mood boards and palettes.
- Also available online, the Colour Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library makes it possible to search for the exact colour of an object or garment using a photo, thanks to its ‘colour on the go’ search tool.
- A simple click on each colour also lets the user know additional information including eco-labels for the dyes used.
EXTREMELY RESISTANT AND REPRODUCIBLE colourS
In line with the most demanding performance specifications, the shades of Archroma’s first Colour Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library are characterised by their:
- Excellent resistance to washing, so that they can be easily used for the design and production of sportswear fabrics and articles,
- Achievability and reproducibility in global production supply chains,
- Compliance with the main ecological standards, such as bluesign®, Oekotex® or ZDHC, as well as the specifications of major brands.
MAXIMISING BENEFITS WITH ARCHROMA’S ‘SYSTEM’ APPROACH
Since 2019, Archroma has introduced its system approach, combining innovations and products especially selected to help create value in textile and fashion application processes and end markets. More information is available in the online Archroma System Selector.
Interested in sharing news with PCIAW®?