Innovation leader of the H&M Foundation will be among the keynote speakers at the first Fashion and Sustainability Development Conference (FSDC) in China this month.
The conference for the international apparel and home fashion industry will be hosted by Wuhan Textile University and is scheduled for December 13-17th.
The topics discussed will be sustainable product development, innovation and technology as well as providing a networking opportunity for those attending with possible future partners.
The conference is supported by the China Textile and Apparel Education Society and will feature presentations from global experts and scholars.
There will also be a series of symposiums, environmental protection creative design competitions and joint exhibitions of sustainable development design works between Chinese and British students.
The list of keynote speakers are as follows:
- Erik Bang, innovation leader for the H&M Foundation.
- Mirela Blaga, president of Association of the Textile Universities in Europe (AUTEX), president of Romanian Section of the International Federation of Knitting Technologies (IKFT) and chartered member of Textile Institute of Manchester.
- Nolene Byrne, associate professor at Deakin University in Australia.
- Raul Fangueiro, professor and senior researcher at University of Minho, Portugal, Head of the Fibrous Materials Research Group of the univeristy.
- Lynda Grose, professor and chair of the Fashion Design Programme at California College of the Arts.
- David Tyler, professor of Fashion Technologies at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
For more information and to read the completed article, please visit https://www.hometextilestoday.com/industry-issue/chinas-textile-industry-to-gather-for-sustainability-conference/