Madeira is the market-leading embroidery thread specialist with subsidiaries and distribution centres worldwide, providing customer satisfaction through product quality, colour selection, availability and service.
Job Role: Business Development Manager / Regional Account Manager
A fantastic opportunity to join an ‘Award Winning Company for Sustainability’.
To support the continuing growth of the business, we are seeking to add a tenacious, passionate, and positive Business Development Manager to our Industrial Sales Team. You will be working closely with the Sales Director and other members of the sales team to maximise and manage existing accounts, as well as seeking new business.
You will be responsible for identifying and securing new accounts, maintaining long-term relationships with customers and maximising sales opportunities within them. The role is field based and will require some time to be spent in our offices.
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing relationships at Director level and also be capable of successfully negotiating with operational and procurement teams. We would expect you to have fantastic communication and presentation skills and the ability to foster relationships with customers which deliver long-term, profitable, growing accounts.
You will be responsible for identifying and securing new accounts, maintaining long-term relationships with customers and maximising sales opportunities within them.
The role is field-based (North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland) and will require some time to be spent in Madeira’s offices in North Yorkshire.
- Pitching products and sales proposals to new and existing clients
- Attending trade shows and events, mainly in the UK and occasionally Europe, to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends
- Creating sales forecasts and actively working towards reaching them
- Possessing a strong understanding of the company’s products, the competition in the industry and positioning
- Track, measure and evaluate sales metrics and trends
- Collaborate with our sales, marketing, and operational teams
- Form key relationships across social media platforms, in particular LinkedIn
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends
- Proven B2B sales experience and account management experience and a proven track record of growing profitable revenue
- Experience or understanding of the UK Decorative Apparel Industry
- Tenacity and drive to support current customers, to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Ability to access key decision makers at the right level, initiate talks and conclude negotiations
- First class, negotiation, selling, influencing, organisational, presentational, and other interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think strategically
- Strong commercial acumen – fully understand performance of own business and the key drivers and dynamics affecting it
- Great IT skills, with good knowledge of CRM software and the Microsoft suite
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- An eye for detail and accuracy whilst also possessing an ability to see and influence the bigger picture.
- Analytical skills, ability to use data from either a customer or industry and build rational and persuasive internal and external customer proposals.
- Gravitas to be taken seriously at high levels within and outside the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience would be beneficial in one or more of the following sectors: Embroidery, print, workwear, schoolwear, sportwear
- Education at degree level preferred but not essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you would like to join a growing, progressive, successful, and friendly company that puts its people first, get in touch today.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000- £33,000 per year dependant on experience
- Yearly bonus
- Company car
- Private Health Insurance
- Death in service
- Company events
- Company pension
Please send applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org