WRAP is a catalyst for positive economic and environmental action and they are offering a unique opportunity for companies to share in their vision. This will come in the form of a grant.
This grant will support projects that provide new infrastructure and technologies which significantly increase recycling capacity for difficult to recycle plastic packaging or textile materials.
WRAP is looking for organisations that are creating new methods of recycling plastics or textiles in England. The project must demonstrate that it goes beyond ‘state of the art’ i.e. beyond current industry norm, and it must have a measurable impact, e.g. in terms of quantity in tonnes, of plastics or textiles collected.
The following activities are eligible for support under this grant:
Lot 1 – Plastics recycling:
- Wash plants
- Innovative sorting / Segregation equipment
- Sorting software (Artificial Intelligence / NIR auto-sort)
- Smart marker systems
- Conveyor systems
- Weighbridge and load equipment
- Infrastructure – bays, buildings
- Storage / containers / shelving
Lot 2 – Textiles recycling:
- Plant / Machinery
- Tools or technology/software that helps disassemble and sort textile materials
- Automated processes for removing unwanted items from clothing prior to recycling (e.g. zips, studs)
- Automated sorting processes for used textiles by fibre type, and/or by colour.
WRAP will be funding projects of between £200,000 and £1 million.
Assessing your application
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Eligibility of applicant and project location
- Eligibility of project activity
- Ability to deliver the project, demonstrating timescales and experience
- Potential project impact, including proposed monitoring
We welcome the opportunity to work with a range of enterprises on finding solutions for plastics and textile waste recycling, and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date for applications for Stage 1 Outline Proposals – 13.00 on 2 August 2019.
The outcome of the assessment for Stage 1 will be announced the week commencing 18 September.
For more information and an application form please visit: http://www.wrap.org.uk