- Improve the performance of this website on your device.
- Site survey: keep track of which browser has or has not seen the survey notification.
- Click the Tools button, then Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, under Navigation History, click Settings.
- Click the Show Files button.
- Select the cookies to refuse and click on delete.
- Click on the Browser Tools icon, select the Options menu.
- In the window that appears, choose “Privacy” and click on “Display cookies”.
- Select the cookies to refuse and click on delete.
- Click the Edit icon, select the Preferences menu.
- Click on Security and then on Show cookies.
- Select the cookies to refuse and click on delete.
- Click on the Tools icon, select the Options menu then click the Advanced Options tab.
- And access the “Confidentiality” section.
- Click on the “Show Cookies” button.
- Select the cookies to refuse and click on delete.
- Users who opt-in will continue to let the browser store the aforementioned cookies.
- Users who opt-out will have the browser delete all the cookies stored under the PCIAW.org domain.
TYPES OF COOKIES USEDThe cookies necessary for navigation on the site These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the PCIAW website. They allow the main features of the site to be used. Without these cookies, Users cannot use the site normally. Functional cookies These cookies make it possible to personalise the User experience. Analytical cookies These cookies make it possible to examine the use and the performance of the site and to improve its operation by carrying out analyses of visits to the informational pages by monitoring the open rates, the click rates, and the bounce rates at the individual level. Sharing button cookies These social cookies allow users to share pages and content on third-party social networks via social sharing buttons. [dt_divider style=”thin” /]
DATA COLLECTIONHOW WE COLLECT OR OBTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- When you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us, completing the membership form, subscribing to our newsletters or registering for an event,
- From the use of our website, using cookies, and
- Occasionally from third parties
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONPCIAW is a membership organisation connecting and supporting its membership and the wider business community and influencing the environment in which business operates. To deliver our legitimate business interests, we must maintain contact information on our members and the wider business community. We need to obtain, store and use information about you for legitimate business purposes – namely so that you can enjoy and benefit from our services. We may use information we hold about you in the following ways: We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). To satisfy our legal obligations or in order to have the necessary elements to assert our rights, the PCIAW will be able to retain the data under the conditions established by applicable rules and regulations. Personal data collected by the PCIAW relating to the identity and contact details of its users is retained for a maximum period of two years after the termination of the contractual relationship for users that are members, or from their collection by the data controller or the last contact from the users that are prospects, for the data relating to the latter. The termination of the contractual relationship is understood as the express termination of the contract by the user, or the non-use of PCIAW services for a period of five years. The activities for which we will process your personal data include:
- to confirm your identity
- to administer the membership of your company/organisation
- to let you know about other relevant services, both ours and those of other parties whose products and services we have agreed should be made available to you (see the section below on ‘Contacting you’ for more information about this)
- to update and correct our membership records
- to carry out statistical and market analyses, including benchmarking exercises, to enable us to understand you better and improve our services
- to develop, test and improve our systems
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to ensure the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from membership and any contracts entered into between you and us
- to provide you with information, publications, surveys, event details, benefits, assistance and services
- to enquire about whether you would like to join as a member and provide you with information about our services
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to deliver relevant marketing information to you
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to display it in our members’ publications, including our searchable on-line directory which is available to our members only
- to permit selected third parties to provide you with information about services we (or any selected third party) feel may interest you
SHARING YOUR INFORMATIONWe may share your Personal information with any member of our group as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including, but not limited to our professional advisors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or in relation to any ancillary requirements
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW11). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- Government departments and agencies, exhibition organisers, other trade bodies and Associate Members. Event venues, attendees, speakers, sponsors and organisers contracted by PCIAW
- Online service providers such as event booking systems, marketing systems and survey tools.
- PCIAW’s external finance team
- For marketing purposes if you have given your consent
OPT-OUTIn addition to providing members and the wider business community with information about our services and activities, from time to time, we collaborate with relevant organisations and companies to promote programmes that may be of interest to them and us. In such cases, we do not provide these organisations with any personally identifiable information but may distribute the organisation’s information on their behalf to those who may legitimately be benefited from receiving such information or have elected to receive such information. If you do not wish to receive marketing material, you may opt out. Every marketing email will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom. You may also notify the PCIAW in writing (see below). If your parent company has nominated you as a relevant contact required to receive information on its behalf, you cannot opt out of important information the PCIAW’s required to provide to you as per the PCIAW’s contractual obligations to its members. If our processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for future processing at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another lawful basis for doing so. If you wish to opt out of any marketing we send you, please contact
- By email at email@example.com
- By telephone on +44 (0) 1908 411415, Monday to Friday (except public/bank holidays) between 9.00am and 5.00pm); or
- By post at Unsubscribe, Member Relationship Team, Professional Clothing Industry Association Worldwide, South House 3A, Suite 4, Bond Estate, Bond Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1SW
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATIONSimply, for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business). The personal data collected is stored in the PCIAW’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other appropriate data management systems, both paper based and electronic. Personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to any third party except if permission has first been obtained from the individual. We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary. At regular intervals we will:
- Review the length of time we keep your personal data
- Consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold your personal data in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it
- Securely delete personal data that is no longer needed for that purpose or those purposes
- Update, archive or securely delete personal data if it goes out of date
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATIONWe use reasonable measures – which are appropriate to the type of information and compliant with relevant legislation – to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personally identifiable information. Technical and organisational measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only those employees, contractors or agents who have a legitimate business need to have access to that data. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality and due care with respect to handling the personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. Our employees are trained on data security and information protection. Relevant areas of the PCIAW’s website will employ Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected and retained by us. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access We have taken all necessary precautions to preserve the security of personal data, in particular, to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorised third parties, distorted, or damaged. These measures include the following:
- Multi-level firewall
- Proven solutions for anti-virus protection and detection of intrusion attempts
- Encrypted data transmission using SSL/https/VPN technology
- We will usually delete personal information that we collect related to our events after three months. However, we may retain some information (such as attendance records) for longer where it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- We will keep personal information held as part of our membership records for the duration of that organisation’s membership. At the end of the membership, we will delete the majority of records and only retain the minimum information necessary to deal with any future issues.
CONTACTING YOUAn important part of our work is communicating with our membership, telling them about our activities and how we are supporting their interests, and seeking their views on current issues. To do so, we use personal information to keep in touch with individuals within our member organisations, as well as partners and other individuals. We will use the contact information you have given us to send you important information. This may be by post, email or telephone. We may also use the information we hold about you in order to provide you with information about other products or services we feel may interest you and relate to the products and services of the PCIAW. Because we operate primarily with businesses rather than individuals, we do not generally seek your consent to send you marketing communications. We believe that such communications are both in our legitimate interests, to raise awareness of our work and promote our services, and in your interests. However, you do have the right to ask us to stop sending you marketing communications. If you would like to stop receiving these, please visit your company profile page to change your subscription preferences or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to change your preferences on your behalf. As a registered Buyer on the PCIAW directory, your contact data will not be shared with anyone, but PCIAW members will be able to contact you through our website. Messages from registered PCIAW members will be delivered to you via your preferred email which will remain hidden at all times. If you wish to be removed from the directory at any time, please contact us here or email us directly at email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITESOur website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIAWe may use third party provided tools to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message may be stored on such a tool, but like other personal data, these direct messages will not be shared with any other organisations.
ACCESS, REVIEW AND CORRECTIONThe General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) give you the right to access your personal data held by us (subject access request). If you have an established business relationship with us, you may request from us a list of the categories of personal information held about you. Subject access requests must be made in writing (see below). We will endeavour to respond to any request within a reasonable period and in any event within one month as required by the relevant provisions in the GDPR. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current and we will take all reasonable measures to ensure it is. For members we have also implemented procedures to enable you to review and correct your personal information, should there be any changes to your circumstances or errors in the gathered data.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING, HOLDING AND USING YOUR INFORMATIONData protection law sets the lawful legal bases (or ‘conditions’) which allow us to collect, hold and use your personal information. For the PCIAW, these are:
- For the purposes of our own legitimate interests. We believe that we have a legitimate interest in being able to provide our services to our member organisations and to represent our members and the interests of businesses in the UK and worldwide. As set out in this notice, this sometimes requires us to collect and use personal information about individuals. We only use this legal basis where these interests are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights or and freedoms.
- Where we have entered into a contract with you. In these circumstances, we may need to process your personal information in order to fulfil the contract. For example, this may apply if you book to attend one of our events.
- Where we are under a legal obligation to process personal information. For instance, we are required to collect certain information in accordance with our obligations under equalities legislation.
- Sometimes, we will ask you for your agreement to process your personal information. This is particularly the case when we wish to collect or use any special categories of personal information (see below).