This month, PULSAR has joined as a signatory to the EDI Charter for Rail in collaboration with Women in Rail and the Railway Industry Association. The company believes that by working collectively, businesses and organisations can drive positive change and build a better future for all individuals within the rail sector. PULSAR is looking forward to implementing EDI action plans and policies into the business to create a more inclusive and diverse railway community where everyone feels valued and respected.
The Charter involves several key commitments, including to:
- Appoint a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’;
- Agree an action plan, monitor and report on progress made;
- Provide opportunities for training and education of employees, support the progression of diverse individuals into senior roles to improve diverse representation at senior and executive level of the UK railway industry;
- Create a culture that fosters inclusion and provide a safe space for all employees to talk openly, including at industry events and in meetings; and
- Make recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all to attract retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities.
The Charter is open to all companies, clients and organisations working in the UK railway industry who wish to play a role in promoting positive change in the rail industry. It seeks to recognise and build upon the progress which has already taken place, providing the basis to encourage further collaboration and action across the sector.
Learn more about the EDI Charter on their website: https://womeninrail.org/edi-charter/