16 Expert Speakers Announced for the First Day of the PCIAW® Summit & Exhibition 2023
The PCIAW® Summit & Exhibition announces the first 16 speakers for the first day of the international networking and education event for the professional clothing and textile industries – this year titled, ‘The New Trajectory of Professional Clothing’. The Premier Sponsor for 2023 is Carrington Textiles.
On 7-9 November 2023, it will be the first time the event is being hosted in Portugal and will be located at the award-winning venue – Alfandega Congress Centre, Porto, Portugal – on the bank of the iconic Douro River.
The annual PCIAW® Summit, Exhibition & Awards is organised by the Professional Clothing Industry Association Worldwide (PCIAW®) and is dedicated to the international supply chain for the uniform, workwear and personal protective equipment (PPE) markets.
Carrington Textiles, ANIVEC, Milliken & Company, Westex: A Milliken Brand, Bodi.Me, Gresham Blake and Stuncroft are the proud sponsors for the 2023 PCIAW® Summit, Exhibition & Awards, which will be opened by John Miln, Chairman, and Yvette Ashby, CEO from PCIAW®; César Araújo, President of ANIVEC and Neil Davey, Managing Director for Carrington Textiles.
16 expert speakers announced for the PCIAW® Summit 2023
Elena Lai, Secretary-General of the European Textile Services Association (ETSA) will Chair the PCIAW® Summit 2023, advocating for closer collaboration between textiles and textile services in professional clothing for the transition towards a circular economy.
Sanjiv Bhaskar, Vice President of Research at Frost & Sullivan will evaluate the market performance of the professional clothing industry, looking at emerging trends such as the re-engineering of supply chains and sustainability investment, comparing with other critical industries that are trying to improve supply chain resilience.
Dr Krause, Technical Director, Softline & Shoes at Hohenstein will explore ‘green chemistry’, educating on the responsibilities of chemical management in the professional clothing and textile industries, looking at organic colour dyes and changes in accreditations in consideration of the PFAS debate.
Dirk Vantyghem, Director-General of the European Apparel and Textile Confederation (EURATEX) will explore EU policy thinking around sustainability and circularity in the textile industry with the impact of over 20 pieces of upcoming legislation to consider.
Two industry panels will discuss the practical implications of the EU policy trajectory and its impacts on the broad scope of the professional clothing markets.
Josh Moody, Director of Product Management from Westex: A Milliken Brand will speak alongside Dr Kelly Sheridan, Research Director for The Microfibre Consortium, and Pascale Florant, the Secretary-General of CORFEET-GINETEX on the proposed regulations to mandate inclusion of recycled content in textiles; to design for repairability and recycling, plus measures to limit the unintentional release of microplastics.
Louise Becart, Business Strategy Analyst for Carrington Textiles will share the stage with Dr Annette van Es and Rick van Es, Co-Owners of Fibre2Fashion Consulting KIG and Mandeep Soor, CEO, Bendi to review how the proposed digital product passport and the green claims initiative will change the industry along with extended producer responsibility legislation.
To close on the first half of the PCIAW® Summit Elena Lai, ETSA will consider what the textile and textile services industries are doing to future-proof its skill sets.
Yvette Ashby, CEO, PCIAW® commented: “This is a critical time for education and collaboration in the professional clothing industry. PCIAW® is proud to be at the forefront of connecting partners in the supply chain as we help to inform on the new trajectory of our industry, just as the regulatory framework is debated for the upcoming EU Strategy for Sustainable and Circular Textiles.”
The PCIAW® Exhibiton will follow part 1 of the PCIAW® Summit where innovations will be showcased in circular textile solutions, alongside technical textiles, 3D design software solutions, testing and certification bodies and the Tunisian delegation of professional clothing manufacturers.
- John Miln, Chairman, PCIAW®
- Yvette Ashby, CEO, PCIAW®
- César Araújo, President, ANIVEC
- Neil Davey, Managing Director, Carrington Textiles.
- Elena Lai, Secretary-General, European Textile Services Association (ETSA)
- Sanjiv Bhaskar, Vice President of Research, Frost & Sullivan
- Dr Krause, Technical Director, Softline & Shoes, Hohenstein
- Dirk Vantyghem, Director-General, European Apparel and Textile Confederation (EURATEX)
- Josh Moody, Director of Product Management from Westex: A Milliken Brand
- Dr Kelly Sheridan, Research Director, The Microfibre Consortium
- Pascale Florant, the Secretary-General, GINETEX
- Louise Becart, Business Strategy Analyst, Carrington Textiles
- Dr Annette van Es, Co-Owner, Fibre2Fashion Consulting KIG
- Rick van Es, Co-Owner, Fibre2Fashion Consulting KIG
- Mandeep Soor, CEO, Bendi
The PCIAW® Summit, Exhibition & Awards event takes place over three days from 7 – 9 November 2023.
- 7 November – Textile and apparel factory tours for delegates arranged by ANIVEC the Portuguese association for clothing and apparel, who is a long-term partner of PCIAW®.
- 8 November – PCIAW® Summit Part 1 begins at 9:00am until 1:30pm followed by a networking lunch. The PCIAW® Exhibition begins at 1:30pm until 5pm.
- 9 November – PCIAW® Summit Part 2 begins at 9:00am until 1:30pm. The PCIAW® Exhibition begins at 1:00pm until 4pm.
- 9 November – PCIAW® Awards begins with a champagne reception at 6:00pm followed by a three-course gala dinner. The PCIAW® Awards ceremony begins at 7:30pm until 10:00pm, complete with an evening of networking and entertainment.