NEW YORK – Sustainable textile company Carnegie Fabrics has launched a new line of indoor and outdoor upholstery called Skylight.
Made with Sunbrella yarns Carnegie’s new collection features patterns and textures inspired by the natural palettes of the varied American landscape. From the rich terrain of the Great Plains to the sun-faded hues of the California coast, these outdoor fabrics are engineered for longevity against the elements, making them suitable for many environments.
“Not only is the Skylight collection visually exciting, but it is durable, sustainable, and the finish-free fabric offers endless cleanability,” said Gordon Boggis, Carnegie Fabrics CEO. “Skylight embodies Carnegie’s commitment to sustainability and our desire to create products that benefit the built environment. We’ll continue to tirelessly bolster our sustainable solutions, making it easier for customers to make the right decision for the planet.”
The indoor/outdoor fabrics include:
- Panorama 6036: Inspired by the rich terrain of the meadows in Big Sky to the sun-faded hues of the California coast, Panorama is woven with solution-dyed bleach cleanable yarns engineered for longevity against the elements, Panorama’s large-scale organic pattern is suitable for many environments.
- Sanibel 6974: A natural flax-inspired palette is blended with a subtle slub yarn, allowing this bleach-cleanable fabric to mimic linen. Sanibel is woven with solution- dyed Sunbrella yarns, ensuring added performance and longevity against the elements.
- Boggle 6968: Saturated bright hues are blended in a waffle-weave construction, creating a fabric with an intrinsically chromatic and tactile feel. Woven with bleach cleanable Sunbrella yarns for performance, Boggle embodies a dynamic and contemporary take on a classic weave.
- Solstice 6998: Nine heathered yarns are woven in a versatile basketweave construction in this bleach-cleanable fabric Solstice. Woven with solution-dyed Sunbrella yarns, this wool-like texture is as versatile as it is performance-driven.
- Dune 6134: Variegated bouclé yarns complement a plush solution-dyed chenille in this bleach-cleanable fabric.
This article is republished from Furniture Today under a Creative Commons license. Read the original article.