UK businesses have a unique opportunity to earn a globally recognised royal seal of approval with the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise!
The PCIAW® encourages our members who meet the eligibility requirements and have obtained remarkable developments within their business to consider applying in any of the four categories.
The Queen’s Awards for enterprise, which are awarded to outstanding achievements by UK businesses in the categories of:
- International trade
- Sustainable development
- Promoting opportunity through social mobility
The deadline for applications for the Queen’s Awards 2021 is 9th September 2020.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
- Be based in the UK (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- File its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- Have at least two full time UK employees or part time equivalents
- Demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility.
Your organisation can be a business or non-profit. Each award category has additional entry criteria which are listed below.
To apply for the International Trade award, you must also:
- Have made a minimum of £100,000 in overseas sales in the first year of your entry and show year-on-year growth
- Prove that your organisation has achieved outstanding growth in overseas earnings relative to your business size and sector
- Prove steep year-on-year growth (without dips) in overseas sales over three years – or substantial year-on-year growth (without dips) over six
To apply for the Innovation award, you must also:
- Have an innovation that has not been sold before
- Have had your innovation available on the market for at least two years
- Have recovered all the investments made in your innovation or show that the innovation will recover its full costs in future
- Show outstanding commercial success as a result of innovation over two years – or continuous commercial success over five years
Your innovation should be in one of the following categories:
- Invention, design or production of goods
- Performance of services
- Marketing and distribution
- After-sale support of goods or services
To apply for the Sustainable Development award, you must also:
- Show how you have achieved outstanding sustainable development for more than two years
- Provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of your actions or interventions
Promoting Opportunity through Social Mobility
To apply for this award, your organisation must also have supported people from disadvantaged backgrounds in improving their job skills and their chances of finding work.
This includes doing one or more of the following, for at least two years:
- Providing work experience or careers advice
- Offering interview and job-related training
- Making sure your recruitment process is open to everyone
You’ll need to prove the benefits for:
- The people you’ve supported
- Your organisation
- Your employees
- The wider community
Something to look forward to…
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PCIAW® has postponed the PCIAW® Summit, Networking and Awards. These events will now take place on the 23rd and 24th March 2021 at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Heathrow.